The Severo Ochoa Centre for Molecular Biology (CBMSO) is an international Biomedical Research Center, awarded as an Institute of Excellence by the Spanish Government. Based in Madrid, Spain, the CBMSO is composed of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team supported by state-of-the-art core facilities and excellent technical and administrative staff.
With the aim of increasing its international representation, the CBMSO is seeking to incorporate eight outstanding international early career researchers (Postdoctoral Fellows) working on highly interdisciplinary topics related to CBMSO’s research areas (https://www.cbm.uam.es/en/research/programs).
• A Ph.D/M.D in Biomedicine, Molecular Biology or related fields (PhD certificate granted after 01/01/2020)
• At least one first-author paper published in a well-recognized peer-reviewed journal in the field. Preprints will be also considered.
• Not having worked in Spain in the last three years by the time of the call deadline.
• Fluent in English
• The research topics proposed by the Postdoctoral candidate must be aligned with one of the CBMSO research lines (www.cbm.uam.es/en/research/programs) and endorsed by one of the institute’s Principal investigators. This must be clearly stated in the application document.
• Each candidate should only be endorsed by one PI, and each PI can only endorse one candidate.
Candidates should submit a complete application package including all requested information and documents described below. The application cannot exceed the page limit and must be submitted along with all the requested documents before the deadline. Late submissions will not be considered under any circumstance.
• Duration: 3 years
• Salary: A competitive salary based on professional experience will be offered (≈40.500 €/year).
• Starting date: no later than September 2024
The CBMSO provides a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures and unique professional career development opportunities.
The CBMSO offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Researchers applying for a Postdoctoral Contract should complete this form, with a complete application package in PDF format and written in English before December 1, 2023, including:
1. A one-page motivation letter, stating his/her scientific contributions and personal prospects of the candidate at CBMSO.
2. A two-page scientific project proposal (single space Times/Arial/Calibri font 11). The proposed project should have the endorsement of one PI of the CBMSO, to ensure the scientific complementarity with the CBMSO research lines. Projects may involve the collaboration between different research lines. In this case, the proposal should be signed by all the involved principal investigators.
The project proposal needs to include the following:
• Background and state-of-the-art
• Work plan and contingency plan
3. Curriculum Vitae or Biosketch (maximum 4 pages)
1. Only one candidate per PI will be considered.
2. A PI endorsing a candidate in this call will have a conflict of interest and will not participate in the decision process. Other conflicts of interest should be declared and the involved people will be excluded from the decision process.
3. Candidates will be evaluated based on their prior accomplishments and on the scientific quality of the proposed research.
4. The CBMSO External Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) will evaluate the applications and provide a ranked list of the candidates.
5. Candidates may be invited to an interview (face-to-face or online), if required.
6. The CBMSO Director, together with the Internal Research Committee (CCI), will ratify the list provided by the SAB and decide on the final selection.