Orikine Bio is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our R&D Team to develop engineered cytokines for the treatment of human diseases. The scientist candidate must be independent and goal oriented, and complete multiple projects in parallel. The position will require creativity, resourcefulness, and adaptability. The candidate will report directly to the CSO and be responsible for the direction and execution of projects, including novel assay development, in vitro proof-of concept, and aligning the scientific plan with corporate objectives. The candidate will work closely with the Orikine origination team to establish the early-stage company platform, vision, and processes. We are searching for enthusiastic and innovative individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Orikine Bio is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision to revolutionize the development of cytokines for the treatment of human diseases. Orikine Bio originated from pioneer work from the Lab of Luis Serrano at the CRG and co-founded by AdBio Partners, the lead seed found in France.
- Design experimental plans for target validation, including assay development in vitro, in collaboration with the scientific team and academic and commercial partners.
- Execute experiments, generate and analyze data, and communicate data to scientific team and executive management
- Lead and collaborate with other scientists to achieve company objectives
- Support external research relationships with academic and commercial partners
Skills & Abilities
- Clear knowledge of immunology is necessary, experience in human immunology and autoimmunity is a bonus.
- Strong experimental skills: especially assay development, primary cells and cell lines and molecular biology including, ELISAS, flow cytometry, target validation and protein analytics. Immune cell phenotyping.
- Motivated and curious, experienced working with highly technical projects and personnel.
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities and needs – comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Good communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
Education & Experience
- PhD or equivalent experience in the biological sciences, or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant laboratory experience
- Experience in drug discovery and/or in pharmaceutical or biotechnology settings not essential but would be considered a bonus
To learn more about this exciting career opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com